JSW LAW Faculty of Legal writing and Research, Legal Composition and Rhetoric, and Law Practice Management.
Director for Library resources and services
Ugyen Thinley is Director for Library resources and services with JSW School of Law. Further, Ugyen served as Assistant Dean for Research Center at JSW Law, Ugyen is one of the founding members and joined JSW School of Law as faculty and Sr. Librarian in 2015. He teaches a course on Legal writing and Research, Legal Composition and Rhetoric, and Law Practice Management. He is also responsible for “future proofing” JSW Law’s collection of primary and secondary resources. He is one key member in founding and establishing the JSW School Law Library.
Prior to his time with JSW School of Law, Ugyen was with the Bhutan National Legal Institute (BNLI) working as Research and Reference Librarian and the National Assembly of Bhutan in various capacity, where he founded the Parliamentary library. During his 15 years of service spanning two branches of the government, Ugyen has first-hand experience with the parliamentary procedures of both the pre- and the post-democracy eras. His focus at JSW law is to “future-proof” the information currently available via digital transformation.
Areas of Interest
- Law and technology
- Advance Legal Research
- Law practice management and Artificial intelligence
- The evolving role of the modern-day law library
- Open access to legal information
- Law library management and administration
- How the library sciences can contribute to the national development goal of maximizing “Gross National Happiness”.
- The role of library in providing quality of education
- Stephan Sonnenberg, Kristen DeRemer, Ugyen Thinley & Rinchen Dema, Legal Needs Assessment (JSW Law Publishing series, November 11,2020).
- Stephan Sonnenberg, Kristen DeRemer, Ugyen Thinley, Rinchen Dema, Kuenzang Dolma JSW Law, Tell us about “Justice” – A Search for the Common Strands of Law and Justice in Bhutan (Bhutan Law Review, Volume Xl Spring 2019).
- Legal Writing and Research, Spring
- Legal Composition and Rhetoric, Fall
- Law Practice Management, Fall
- M.L.I.S, University of North Carolina, 2018
- B.C.A, Bangalore University, 2012
- C.C.O.M, Royal Institute of management, 2003