Migmar Lham is the Junior Lecturer of Corporate Law at Jigme Singye Wangchuck School of Law, specializing in corporate law, social enterprise and alternative dispute resolution. She is also the Director of the Social Enterprise Clinic and a Certified Mediator by Bhutan National Legal Institute.
Prior to joining the Jigme Singye Wangchuck School of Law in the January of 2018, Migmar served for three years as a Senior Legal officer in Bhutan Alternative Dispute Resolution Centre.
Migmar is a graduate of CMR Law School under Karnataka State Law University, Bangalore, India (BA., LL.B. (2014) and of Royal Institute of Management (PGDNL (2017))
Migmar is the co-author of the guidebook title “Arbitration in Bhutan: A Primer” and served as a panellist for Alternative Dispute Resolution Act of Bhutan 2013’s Talk Show host by Bhutan Broadcasting Service (Dzongkha and English) in 2019 and a drafting member of the first ‘ADR Rules and Regulations. She represented Bhutan ADR Centre to Dhaka, Bangladesh for training on ‘Alternative Dispute Resolution’ organized by Bangladesh International Arbitration Centre in 2019.
Areas of Interest
- Administrative Law: Company Law
- Corporate Law: Corporate Governance
- Social Enterprise: Small and Medium
- Alternative Dispute Resolution: Arbitration and Mediation
- Corporate Law, Autumn
- Social Enterprise Clinic, Autumn & Spring
- Postgraduate Diploma in National Law Royal Institute of Management, 2017
- B.A., LL.B. Law CMR Law School, Karnataka State Law University, 2014