Webinar Series – Human Dignity Clinic
POSTED ON - Apr 14th, 2022
Please join us on May 3, 2022 at 9 am PST, 7 pm Bhutan Standard Time for the second webinar in the JSW Law Sustainability Series!
This virtual event will explore the interdisciplinary topic of human dignity, with a focus on how the law can best protect the most vulnerable individuals in society, including women, children, and the elderly.
The one-hour virtual event will feature:
- Welcoming remarks by Azusa Kubota, UNDP Resident Representative for Bhutan.
- A panel discussion featuring Dema Lham, Director of JSW Law’s Human Dignity Clinic, and students of the Clinic.
- An interview with the leadership of two Human Dignity Clinic clients describing the implementation of special strategies to respond to violations of human dignity among and children:
- Leaders of Nashoen Lamtoen, a CSO for children in difficult circumstances and children in conflict with the law, and
- Mr. Purba Wangchuk, a representative for Disabled Person’s organization.
- Q&A with attendees from around the world.