The Jigme Singye Wangchuck School of Law Alumni Association was established on August 5, 2023 coinciding with the Birth Anniversary of The Honourable President, Her Royal Highness Princess Sonam Dechan Wangchuck. Its establishment is driven by the aspiration to uphold the Law School’s core values of Justice, Service, and Wisdom, while also nurturing camaraderie among its alumni and enhancing ties with the alma mater.
Preamble: The alumni of Jigme Singye Wangchuck School of Law, desirous of promoting the core values of Justice, Service, and Wisdom of the Law School and to foster comradeship among its alumni and strengthen connections with the alma mater, do hereby resolve unto ourselves the Constitution of the Jigme Singye Wangchuck School of Law Alumni Association on the Fifth day of the Eighth month of the year Twenty Twenty Three.
Purpose and Objectives
The purpose of the Association shall be to unite its members in an effective organization dedicated to:
- strengthening the relationship between the alumni and the Law School;
- promoting friendship among alumni;
- actively soliciting financial and other support from alumni and the community at large;
- supporting activities of the Law School;
- providing need-based financial assistance to students as the Association deems fit;
- providing professional guidance and assistance to the students of the Law School;
- advancing the quality of legal education and the ethical practice of law; and
- taking such other actions as may be deemed appropriate for the advancement of the Law School and its alumni.